Workplace COVID-19 Guidelines
Like every global company, Our company is also closely monitoring developments with the corona virus outbreak that was officially classified a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) this week.
This is a team that practices regularly to prepare for scenarios such as this, and we are doing to safeguard our community.
- ICMR to re-examine -
The Ministry told that no decision has been taken to replace hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), introduced as a game-changer to arrest the spread of novelCOVID-19 , as a prophylactic, with HIV combination drugs, after the reports of experts demanding that it dropped from the safety guideline list of drugs prescribed for high-risk persons, including the healthcare workers.
With experts questioning the effectiveness of HCQ, senior health officials said that the drug was under review but no decision has been taken to drop it just yet.
Since the coronavirus, pandemic situation was a dynamic one and now with the lockdown being relaxed, a relook was being done by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
The Ministry of Home Affairs Monday released the new guidelinesMinistry of Home Affairs Monday released the new guidelines on measures to be taken to contain the spread of Covid-19 in the workplace. According to a circular that released by the MHA, there are four types of measures to be taken to check the spread of the coronavirus. They are:
- Basic preventive measures to be taken –
1. Social distancing is mandatory and should be followed at all times.A minimum distance of at least one meter should be maintained.
2. A face mask is compulsory.
3. Hands should be washed frequently using soap, water and alcohol- based hand sanitizers should be used for at least 20 seconds.
4. Individuals should cover their nose with their flexed elbow while sneezing or should sneeze into a handkerchief or tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately.
5. All individuals should monitor their health every day and report if they are feeling sick as soon as possible
- Preventive measures taken by the offices –
Persons who is having flu-like symptoms should not attend office and should seek medical attention from the local health authorities. If they test positive for corona virus, they should inform the respective authorities concerned in the office immediately.
A member of the staff requesting home quarantine due to restrictions in containment zones should be allowed to work from home. Our company also way off from 24th march to 11th may.
- Measures to be taken on occurrence of cases -
If a person working in the office are suffering from flu - like symptoms, then
1. They should be isolated in the office and provided with a face mask until a doctor gives them medical attention.
2. Employers should report to the helpline 1075 and the state or central health authorities concerned immediately.
3. A public health authority will then carry out a risk assessment to decide the next course of action, be it disinfection or contact tracing.
4. A patient reporting mild symptoms will be placed under home quarantine
5. Contact tracing and disinfection will be carried out once the patient tests positive
Contacts of an infected person will be categorized as high risk and low- risk contacts during contact tracing.Persons who are considered high - risk contacts as like who had direct physical contact with the patient, touched body fluids of the patient, cleaned personal items of the patient, lives in the same house and did not maintain social distancing with the patient; will be home quarantined for 14 days, while those who are low - risk contacts as like shared the same workspace with the patient and travelled in the same environment as the patient; will be monitored at work for 14 days.
- Closure of workplace –
If there are one or two cases reported, the disinfection procedure will be limited to places or areas visited by the patient in the past 48 hours. There is no need to close the entire office building or halt work in other areas of the office and work can be resumed after disinfection as per laid down protocols well.
However, if there is a larger outbreak, the entire building will have to be closed for next 48 hours after thorough disinfection. All the staff will work from home or work remotely, until the building is adequately disinfected and declared fit for re-occupation.
As there are so many guidelines, we also follow the same rules to prevent ourselves from novel covid-19. COVID 19 has completely changed the retail paradigm. So please just follow the guidelines and follow the rules.
Stay Home! Stay Safe!